Thematic Working Groups
Capitalise the excellence of the Copernicus Academy members
The overall objective of the Copernicus Academy Thematic Working Groups (TWG) is to capitalise on the excellence of the Copernicus Academy members to provide research results to the Copernicus stakeholders in a systematic way. It will untap innovation potentials in the thematic areas of the TWGs to establish new research lines based on exchange and collaboration among the TWG members.
Specific objectives are to:
- Support beneficiaries (e.g. Entrusted Entities, business, end users) with scientific advice in the thematic area (see below)
- Launch project ideas and initiatives to be further developed in the frame of Copernicus Academy (e.g. new working groups and project proposals)
- Test and validate an innovative exchange mechanism to improve Copernicus User Uptake to be operationalised in the future
What are the outcomes of the work?
- Develop an overview of the state-of-the-art in the thematic area
- Inform the Academy network about current developments
- Test and validate the Copernicus Academy request mechanism.
Why should you participate? What can you expect?
- Be part of a new, innovative Copernicus User Uptake mechanism
- Shape new ways of communicating scientific findings to beneficiaries
- Promote research and innovation across academia and beyond.
Copernicus Atmosphere topics
- Environmental health issues mapping (e.g. Pollen fluxes tracking and trend forecasting)
- Local scale air quality analysis (Improved nowcasting and forecasting)
- Improved accuracy of Copernicus data and information for Renewable energy (solar and wind energy)
Copernicus Marine topics
- Marine application of Copernicus
- Copernicus for support of European Directives (MSFD, WFD, BWD)
- Marine pollution and Marine litter
Copernicus Land topics
- Copernicus Land for Climate Change: monitoring land use and land changes (LULUCF)
- Agri-environmental applications: CAP monitoring, irrigation monitoring and management
- Challenges for future land monitoring (CLC+, EAGLE, etc.)
- Wetland and water monitoring
Copernicus Security topics
- Maritime Security, Border Monitoring, Support to external action
- Near-real time access and semi-automated processing of data
- Integration of different data types (e.g. socio-economic factors and others)