Partnership Award – Academia-Industry
EARSC in cooperation with CopHub.AC is running a new competition to recognise and reward outstanding collaboration in public-private partnerships for the Copernicus user-uptake.
Specifically, Academia and Companies (in partnership) will be encouraged to submit a proposal for cooperation or present an already established collaboration achievement “from Research & Development to Innovation & Market”. The winner partnership will be promoted by EARSC and receive guidance on how to embed that cooperation into EuroGEOSS.
- partnerships must include at least one academic institution and at least one company (entries open to Copernicus Academy and EO service companies, collaboration is an asset)
- demonstrated forward thinking cooperation bringing research product into operational procedures (i.e, validated methodology from research & innovation to commercialisation)
- sound sustainability plan supporting the “must go beyond financial support” (i.e, validated sustainability approach aspects: technical, financial, legal, organizational, operational and scheduling)
- basis of evidence for successful R&D/ industry partnership incorporating the case into an institution’s planning and goal-setting processes (i.e, validated internal procedures of engagement)
- contribution to the overall advancement of teaching and learning of EO concepts (i.e, validating how to present and communicate the case for awareness and outreach purposes)
Examples of possible contributions include identifying ideas, providing leadership by, and exhibiting communicative enthusiasm between communities from Academia/industry in forging a path forward in an area which impacts R&I towards commercialization of Copernicus services.
The competition will run until 31st May 2019 during which time partnership candidates may adapt an existing partnership concept, develop a new one or simply promote one they have already exploited. Partnership teams will be asked to provide a short summary (report should not exceed 2 full pages) which will be used as statement for the jury and they should apply as Title: [Partnership Award: Name] to email@example.com
The Jury Partnership 2019 will be composed by CopHubAC academia and SME partners, ESA, EC and Industry experts.