The future Copernicus Academy hub shall foster and link ongoing R&D&I activities in all Copernicus-relevant academic fields and thematic areas. The following innovation components of the hub are implemented:
- CopHub.AC Gateway – a searchable inventory of the Copernicus Academy members facilitating the sharing of institutional information, educational offers, primary application fields, and methodological core competences;
- Research and innovation highlights – a revised version of existing research briefs highlighting Copernicus-related research output as well as the readiness and innovation level of services, including user-specific needs and a shared understanding of taxonomy. This component, following the concept of an Innovation Pipeline, has a useful communication function to industry and authorities;
- Thematic Working Groups – to capitalize on the excellence of the Academy members and unleash innovation potential, the thematic working groups identify priority themes of new research foci as well as primary target audiences;
- Knowledge Landscape – an analytical tool to illustrate and search distributed capacities – application and methodology – within the Copernicus Academy. Based on information collected through the gateway, the thematic working groups, research briefs, and user-specific information, it will be possible to stimulate collaboration within the ecosystem while opening the door for non-scientists to be informed about the benefits of space-derived information;
- CopHub.AC Citizen App – an interactive app making both research capacities and existing Copernicus information layers accessible for the public and thus ensuring citizens’ involvement.