C3S User Learning Services training event, Austria
C3S User Learning Services offers a high-quality blended training, consisting of free online learning resources and a face-to-face training session on the use of climate data to develop climate services for adaptation challenges.
The Climate Data Store (CDS) is a database providing quality assured and free of charge climate information. In the CDS catalogue an extensive collection of climate datasets is available. In addition, an online toolbox allows users to build workflows and applications suited to their needs.
The blended training event focuses on helping the participants to develop a climate service using a climate adaptation case study. The CDS and its toolbox support the selection and analysis of relevant climate data.
The blended training approach is based on self-paced learning supported by online resources available on the Learning Experience Platform and on a face to face session which encourages the practical application of the acquired knowledge on a climate change adaptation case study. Two online webinars organised in January and March 2020 are integral part of the training event. The face to face event will be in Salzburg.
- First webinar: 30th of January, 15.30 – 16.45h (local time) – Introduction to the blended training approach
- Self-paced study and completion of assignments (10 hours)
- Full day face-to-face event: 18th of February, (Salzburg) – Flipped classroom (review your learning), hands-on practical activities, development of a climate change adaptation case study
- Self-paced study and further elaboration of the climate adaptation case study (8 hours)
- Final webinar: 4th of March, 15.30 – 16.45h (local time) – Presentation of case studies, discussion, and questions and answers session
A team of trainers will guide participants during the face-to-face training and will provide clarifications on any of the topics covered in the online resources. Moreover, trainers will help participants to apply what they have learnt in the online resources. It is essential that approximately 10 hours are dedicated on the online learning resources between the introductory webinar and the face-to-face event. Between the face-to-face event and the final webinar approximately 8 hours are needed to complete the online learning resources, as well as, the group work on the adaptation case study.